G. Loucatos & Co. is one of the oldest pharmaceutical indenting companies in India. The company was founded in 1923 when the Greek entrepreneur Gerassimos Loucatos, began to import common medicines to India. Initially established as a trading company, it gradually diversified and soon became the Indian agency for reputed manufacturers of pharmaceutical raw materials, fine chemicals, intermediates, excipients and allied chemical products.
In 1962, Mr. N. K. Shah took over the reins of the company, and G. Loucatos & Co. rapidly established itself as the Indian representative for an increasing number of internationally renowned pharmaceutical companies. By the year 1975, the company added Exports to its business portfolio – the promotion of several Indian manufactured pharmaceutical products introduced a whole new supply source to the international market.
Today the Shah family continues to strive for excellence in the tradition set forth by Mr. Narendra Shah, towards a path of sustained reliability, trust and growth.